The Ten Words
Shemoth - Exodus 20 : 1-17
And Ala-aym spoke all these Words, saying,
I am יהוה (YAH'OH) your Ala-aym, who brought you out of the land of Mitsrayim, out of the house of slavery.
1. You have no other mighty ones against My face.
2. You do not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of that which is in the heavens above, or which is in the earth beneath, or which is in the waters under the earth, you do not bow down to them nor serve them. For I יהוה (YAH'OH) your Ala-aym am a jealous Al, visiting the crookedness of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing loving-commitment to thousands, to those who love Me and guard my commands.
3. You do not bring the Name of יהוה ( YAH'OH ) your Ala-aym to naught, for יהוה ( YAH'OH ) does not leave the one unpunished who brings His Name To naught
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to set it apart. Six days you labour, and shall do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of יהוה ( YAH'OH ) your Ala-aym. You do not do any work - you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For six days יהוה ( YAH'OH ) made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore יהוה ( YAH'OH ) blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart.
5. Respect your father and your mother, so that your days are prolonged upon the soil which יהוה (YAH'OH ) your Ala-aym is giving you.
6. You do not murder
7. You do not commit adultery
8. You do not steal
9. You do not bear false witness against your neighbour
10. You do not covet your neighbour's house, you do not covet your neighbour's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, or whatever belongs to your neighbour.
And all the people saw the thunders, the lightning flashes, the voice of the shophar, and the mountain smoking. And the people saw it and they trembled and stood at a distance.